* Click HERE to view TeamIsagenix – A hub of information for Athletes and highly active individuals *
* Click HERE to read Energy & Performance articles from our Research and Science Team + the Scientific Advisory Board *
Isagenix does not endorse or sponsor athletes.
There are several mechanisms at work that enhance the body’s ability to build muscle through Isagenix.
- 1. It improves Digestive Function and balances the body at the cellular level so it can better absorb and utilize more protein and nutrients from food. Therefore, it can accomplish more on a lower intake of calories and protein than the body would normally need without Isagenix.
- 2. Nutritional Cleansing triggers an increase in the body’s natural production of Testosterone & Growth Hormone HGH (the 2 key muscle-building hormones) while also balancing cortisol levels (the stress hormone). Excess cortisol [caused by stress, lack of rest and resistance training] leads to visceral fat retention – the nasty stuff around your organs that is difficult to shift.
- 3. Adaptogens assist the body’s ability to adapt to exercise stress.
- 4. In addition, the nutrient profile of the products and how the system balances the body, enhances the recovery process and strengthens immune function.
- 5. Conveniently provides higher quality Proteins, Macros and Micros than we can get from our diet.
So the benefit is 3 fold. Getting better quality food into your system (all natural, nothing artificial), improving your recovery and reducing your cortisol levels.
If you are an athlete or highly active, it is important to adjust the standard Isagenix schedule to ensure that your goals are being met. Here are some other schedules to have a look through and adjust your eating habits towards the goals that you have. Regardless of your level, cleansing is still an incredibly important aspect. Athletes need to cleanse more often than sedentary people ~ Think about how hard you’re pushing your bodies every day – wanting the very best from them.
Because athletes breathe 12 – 20 times more air and have higher metabolic demands they tend to have a higher exposure to toxins and waste by-products.
ALTHLETE SCHEDULE & VARIED FOOD DIARIES:
The standard shake schedule that comes in your starter pack is for sedentary people, looking for weight loss. For an active athlete looking for energy and performance, their schedule needs to be adjusted accordingly. Athletes train harder and require more fuel, quickly and easily. The convenience of an IsaLeanPro shake straight after training, supplementary to clean eating can not be understated for an athlete. Because every athlete requires a different diet against their individual training schedule, it is impossible to set a standard schedule for athletes. Rather, there are examples below based on your training needs.
NB: These schedules were put together before the addition of the AMPED products into the Isagenix range. See how to add these products in below:
NATURAL PERFORMANCE RANGE:
|Chocolate or Vanilla IsaLean Pro Shake With 36g of undenatured protein in every serve, this specialised meal replacement can help speed up post-workout recovery, boost metabolism, curb hunger, break a weight loss plateau and improve muscle gain, making it ideal for active individuals with high-intensity exercise regimes.|
|IsaPro™ Whey Protein [concentrate] is a high-quality product that supports weight loss by curbing hunger & keeping you satisfied longer & also supports muscle maintenance. Utilising a low-heat process, this ultra-filtered whey protein maintains its undenatured state, providing protein that is as clean as possible from impurities such as lactose, promoting easy digestibility. [27g Protein – this is not a meal replacement]|
|AMPED™ Power A pre-workout supplement designed to boost performance, increase strength and muscle gains and prime the body for exercise. • Creatine improves your performance by increasing the availability of energy necessary for working muscles & reduces muscle fatigue. • Glycine and L-carnitine provide athletic support during workouts + Can be paired with an e+shot.|
|AMPED™ NOx A pre-workout shot that supports nitric oxide production, improving healthy blood flow & oxygen delivery to cells.
• Fruit and vegetable extracts support nitric oxide production
• Supports blood flow for delivery of nutrients and oxygen to cells
• Prime your body to optimise muscle efficiency and reduce fatigue while working out.
|AMPED™ Recover A post-workout drink mix containing a proprietary blend of branched-chain amino acids and L-carnitine to support muscle rebuilding and recovery.
• Supports muscle rebuilding process
• Delivers branched-chain amino acids, which trigger muscle protein synthesis
• No artificial flavours, colours or sweeteners.
|e+shots A nutrient-packed, naturally-caffeinated energy shot that gets & keeps you active & alert, & enhances performance. e+ contains natural caffeine derived from green tea and yerba maté & a proprietary herbal blend of botanicals, backed by science, that increases energy, stamina & mental alertness|
|Replenish A drink powder loaded with a premium blend of essential minerals & vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 & B9 [folic acid], designed to restore energy naturally. It provides fuel for the body without stimulants, artificial colours, dyes or sweeteners. Replenish™ optimises hydration to help sustain performance & support faster recovery after exercise. [Lemon/Lime or Juicy Orange]|
Click here for a short AMPED introductory clip.
Read how the AMPED range can support your:
WHAT IS THE ISABODY CHALLENGE?
The IsaBody Challenge is a 16-week total body transformation challenge. Those who successfully complete their IsaBody Challenge are gifted with $200 of Isagenix Products and veryone who completes the IsaBody Challenge also has the chance to win their share of over $50,000 AUD in cash, prizes! You can learn more and register here.
Soy Protein; How good is it for Building Muscle?
How Endurance Athletes can Benefit from Cleanse Days
New Study Isagenix + Exercise Training = Improved Physical Performance
Should different Athletes Consume Protein Differently? Endurance, High-Intensity and Strength Athletes.
Protein Window – The right kind and right amount of protein after a workout supports maximal muscle synthesis.
Nutrient Timing for Athletes. Bodybuilders & Fitness Athletes, Footballers, Swimmers, Runners & Recreational Athletes.
Triathletes Gain Competitive Edge with Isagenix; Dr Colgan changes up the nutrition of elite level Triathletes with great results.
Nutrition for Athletes; Bottom Line by Dr Michael Colgan ~ Your cells are limited in function by the nutrition they receive when they are formed.
Why Isagenix? Jana Pittman
Pre & Post Workout windows are critical periods where optimal nutrition can be used to maximise exercise gains. Learn how to best use Isagenix products to prepare your body for a workout and to maximise muscle gain and recovery.
Getting Shredded; With Susan Sly and Dr Paul Biondich (trainer & nutritionist to professional athletes in the NHL, UFC etc).
David Gilks ~ How a Physique Athlete can use Isagenix to Lean Out ~ Listen from 7 mins 30 [skip intro]
Isagenix and Body Building – David Gilks